GET TO KNOW YOUR PETERBOROUGH LIONS CLUB
THE PETERBOROUGH LIONS 1st ANNUAL SHOE DRIVE
Left to Right:
Lion Reta Hopkins, Lion Luana Spinosa, Lion Judy Jenkins, MPP Dave Smith, Lion Graham Lewis, Lion Don Sawyer, Lion Gwen Sawyer, Lion Rob Armitage, Lion Elaine Laliberte.
COLLECTION: 2,549 PAIRS OF SHOES IN PARTNERSHIP WITH BIO-PED.
Lions clubs are found the world over. In fact, there are over 1.4 million members spread across 46,000 clubs in over 210 countries! Hence the saying, "Where there's a need, there's a Lion". The world's largest service organization, Lions do whatever it takes to make their local communities better.
YOUR PETERBOROUGH LIONS CLUB
The Peterborough Lions Club is very active in our local community and has been for 85 years. We're best known for:
- Sponsoring youth sport teams and camps
- Hosting our annual Effective Speaking and Peace Poster contests
- Organizing the Walk for Dog Guides
- Helping out with the Peterborough Dragon Boat Races
- Collecting used eye glasses to be sent to third world countries
- Handicapped and Assistive Devices Loan Cupboard
- Serving where needed in the community
- And the list goes on!
When we meet: 1st, 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.